So on the weekend I have a zigzag day or two. So far this has been effective for me but this past two weekends have not! I had too much Chinese food and drinks this weekend. I had two drinks and Sunday instead of trying to drink tons of water I had some water and somehow I am up two pounds today. Ok, I say “somehow” but I know how! I realize the key things I did wrong. For starters I had too much food and I didn’t try to restrict enough when it came time for dinner. The first issue is going out with someone who orders a TON of food, with the second issue being I had two drinks and I didn’t work to hydrate myself the next day. I realize the gain is not permanent but it shows how easily the scale with fluctuate. So as much as I don’t like being crazy stringent I do think its important to identify a strategy moving forward.
Dining Out ZigZag Strategy
- Restaurant meals need to be portioned before you start to eat.
- Aim for a vegetable with a protein.
- Stay hydrated. Sometimes that is a challenge because you are busy or don’t feel thirsty. When you drink a bunch of coffee and have mixed drinks your body will pay the price
- The social aspect of eating out feels good but its important to not do as others around you even if you think why not? They are eating whatever they want! Stop and realize just being it tastes good doesn’t mean its good for your body.
- These are all important because when you reach a goal of 15 lbs lost then spend the next week or two trying to get back to it, that sucks!